Vacancy: Planning Consultant, Cork (Executive Planner level at a minimum)
Established in 2010, Coakley O’Neill Town Planning Ltd is a Cork-based planning consultancy with a strong local and national, public and private client profile. We provide the full range of planning services, with experience in retail, tourism, industrial, residential, waste management, renewable energy and infrastructure sectors.
The Directors of the company are now seeking to strengthen the team in Cork through the appointment of a Planning Consultant, at a minimum level of Executive Planner.
Essential Criteria for this vacancy:
• Hold a qualification in planning (RTPI/IPI accredited);
• Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute (MRTPI) and/or the Irish Planning Institute (IPI);
• At least 5 years post qualification planning experience ideally gained in Ireland, and ideally in the private sector;
• Possess a good standard of technical training/experience in planning policy, planning law, masterplanning/urban design, complex planning applications and related areas including managing/reviewing EIA and other Impact Assessments;
• An excellent understanding of current Irish town planning issues and the town planning process with regard to major development schemes and infrastructure projects;
• Excellent organisational and administrative skills;
• Strong team working capabilities, and reliability to work solely;
• Have excellent communication (written and oral) skills with the potential to be client facing/lead on planning projects;
• Strong attention to detail and an ability to apply knowledge to practical situations;
• Have a commercial focus;
• A full driving licence and access to a car.
Desirable Criteria for this vacancy:
• Experience in Strategic Infrastructure Development, Substitute Consent, Strategic Environmental Assessment, quarry development and/or renewable energy.
We offer a varied workload in Cork and across the country, with good opportunities for CPD, and the potential for career progression within the company. We are flexible on annual leave arrangements, and offer professional membership fee(s), gym membership, and pension if so required.
In response to this vacancy, applications in the form of an up-to-date CV, together with a cover letter setting out your key skills and attributes relative to the essential and desirable criteria set out above, as well as your salary expectations and career prospects, should be made in writing by 31st March, 2017 to The Directors, Coakley O’Neill Town Planning Limited, NSC Campus, Mahon, Cork T12 XY2N or by email to email@example.com.